Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I've resisted blogging...why start now?

I'm sure anyone who happens upon this blog will be surprised that I have FINALLY joined the craze that is blogging. I have been thinking about this for a long time. Can I do this? Will it feel like yet another thing in my life that is waiting to get done, like the laundry sitting in my laundry room upstairs? Do I have anything interesting to say? These questions remain to be answered. But outweighing all of my exuses and concerns is the real pull of a blog, to keep in touch with all of my people. The title of my blog is the reason behind it..."This is for my mamas."

For a couple of years now, I have been reading your blogs...cousins, aunts and uncles, brothers and sisters, friends old and new....and have loved every moment of it. I love to look at your children, hear your funny stories, see what you are up to. I feel like I am in touch with you...involved in your lives. Like today for example, I read that someone told my sister-in-law, Emily that her daughter looks like Alicia Silverstone (which by the way, she really does Em). I love that story, and it makes me feel like Emily is right here telling it to me even though she lives all the way in Alaska. I guess I have finally accepted the fact that just because I know all about you, doesn't mean that you know about me. It's my responsability to keep in touch back. I have two moms that want to see their grandkids, they are far away. My sisters and friends want to know us. So I am going to try.

15 comments:

Supercords said...

Cali, I'm super excited to have you in the club! Thanks Ash for helping her to get here... I know you had a lot to do with it.

Hoping to see you all tomorrow night for Survivor Night and the premier of 30 Rock.

Shane

Berta said...

Hi Cali -
WELCOME to the 'big family' ! ! ! I love your blog already . . . keep going! Drop by anytime, I'll babysit!

Angie said...

i am so super stoked that you have a blog. i love you cousin!

Scott said...

Yep, it's good for us too that you're blogging. Thanks for jumping in. No pressure.

ashleyboice said...

Welcome welcome.

Mandy Rasmussen said...

Your family is beautiful! Long time no see! :)

tiff said...

Finally, now I can waste more of my time just on your family.

Earl Family said...

Yay! Welcome my sister. I am so happy you decided to climb on board.

P.S. Jack as Indi is HILARIOUS!

mumovearls said...

Welcome Cali! I love that you are part of our blogging family!-Nena

amber said...

We all cave sometime, when I first started to read blogs I said "I'll never have a blog!" but then you feel like you totally know every one else's kids and yours don't even exist to them. (I don't think that made sense,so, welcome)

Jared said...

What about for your papas? I'm hurt but glad your blogging. lol

Crisdee said...

yeah! finally, I'm so glad, welcome!!!

emily said...

Loving it already. Don't pressure yourself about it though. Just get on every once in a while and say the stuff that we would all be yacking about in your living room if we were there. Love ya!

Kacey Nielsen said...

The blog world is a little bit better now that you have finally graced it with your presence!

Your kids are too cute to not have a blog!

Anonymous said...

Next time you decide to venture into a world of mine...such as blogging...drop me an email and let me know! I just discovered you today!!! I'm so happy to be able to see what your fam is up to regularly now! Yeah!