Friday, October 31, 2008

Has it been two years?

So my baby is no longer. Grace turned 2 yesterday. The time has flown by. I remember when Ty was 2, he was a little man....I would put him in time-out if he did anything wrong, he could speak perfectly, I made him clean up after himself. My how things have changed. Gigi, is my baby. I hold her, carry her around, let her drink bottles all day. Maybe its because she is so short. Maybe it is because I realize how fast they grow up. (Ty got embarassed when I kissed him the other day.)

Okay, some facts about Grace. She is the perfect mix of my father-in-law Joe, and my mom, Connie. She is named in honor of Joey's mom's family, (Grace Christensen) they are the Christensens from Grace Idaho. She has always been really small. She has the loudest voice of all my kids. She wears a scowl most of the time, even when she is not mad. She is incredibly sassy and spunky. She gives the best hugs on the planet...wrapping her legs and arms around and squeezing so tight! If you can't tell by my blog already, I am obsessed with her.

I could put the story of her birth on here, but to be honest, I would have to consult her baby book on that one. The four births of my children have kindof blended in my mind. I have had to have magnesium sulfate with all of them (for toxemia) and so it's hard to remember details. So I am putting on tons of pictures of her birthday, for your viewing pleasure.


I made cupcakes for the kids and a mini-sized cake for my mini-sized Gracie!

Some pictures I took right before her party. (and when I say party, I mean my kids singing happy birthday and eating cake)







Here are Carolina, Jack, Gigi and Jack's friend Brody making wrapping paper by coloring pictures all over the back of Christmas paper....I'm pretty good at improvising.


Gracie blowing out the candles. This took a couple of tries, as we had to teach her how.
Her favorite present was a little horsie with wheels to ride around (thanks Grandma Connie) but I thought this picture was funny, because as we were trying to put it together, Gigi was so excited she was riding just the wheels around.

She got a little dollie, which she loves.


Oli and Robbie got her a microphone...the kind of gift the kid LOVES and the mom hates!
Opening presents! She also got a little bratz doll from Grandma Jones, and clothes and an adorable blow up table and chairs from Grandma Lori. (It has been non-stop tea parties since then.)

Happy birthday Grace!!

10 comments:

Allison said...

I can't believe how good you're doing at blogging!!! I LOVE gracie's new haircut...so adorable! And I really can't believe that little nut is 2!!! Ahhhh! You have very good reason to be obsessed with her....she is intoxicating to be around! Big hugs from her auntie!

vjc said...

ab-sol-ute-ly ADORABLE!

Hey, she and Keith have the same birthday. Hmm Scorpio.

gramyflys said...

What a super fun birthday for her. I just want to kiss those little cheeks of hers.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

We are in Cuzco,semi out of touch. Love the pictures. I cannot believe how grownup Grace looks. Is it the cute haircut? LOVE MOM

Angelique said...

I love the picture of Grace with her cake. She looks like she is at war with the flame trying to figure out the best way to make it disappear. Love that "baby".

Peggy Dee said...

I just stumbled upon your blog. Love it! Kids are so cute and growing up so fast. Grace is adorable. She is the human equivalent of those toy dogs like toy poodles and toy collies... she is a toy human which is what makes her so dang irresistible!

gramyflys said...

Hey Cali...I love the family picture of you all at the top of your blog. Can you email it to me for my picture files? Thanks...Mom Emig

jayne said...

I'm impressed your 4th child has a baby book! My 4th has one with nothing written in it, and my 5th doesn't even have one. Poor last children. But they do get babied the most and the longest don't they?!

::lindsay said...

She's adorable, Cali!

Lindsay said...

It has been WAY too long since I have seen her! She was a newborn when I met her. She really DOES have the look of my dad when he was a little boy. She is just beautiful!