Monday, March 23, 2009

My Baby Broke Her Leg

Okay, so as per the title of my blog...this is a post to tell my family that Carolina Jones broke her leg. She was jumping on the trampoline and her cousin landed on it. The neighbor boy Steve carried her home. I put her to bed that night, thinking she had sprained her knee. Over the weekend, she seemed to be getting better. The slight swelling went away and she could bend her knee. Joey was out of town, and I was struggling with my nausea, keeping the house together and making it through until he got home. This morning, with Carolina still refusing to put pressure on her foot I decided to go get it checked out. I went to instacare...knowing they have an x-ray machine, which I found out was broken! The doctor sent me to the hospital just as a precaution for x-rays. What a day! Her tibia and fibia were broken...so now she has a hot pink cast from above her knee to her toes. So that is the short version. I haven't even really turned on the computer since the pregnancy nausea kicked in....but I thought you would all like to know.

I will post pictures later of her cast, I can't find my camera right now, but here is a picture Joey took on her first day of Sunbeams in January....she was not sure about leaving nursery behind.

14 comments:

Peggy Dee said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy and I am so sorry for little Carolina! What a bummer...

cort said...

You are pregnant? Congrats... I feel so sorry for little C.C-lina :(

Samantha said...

Oh no! Poor cc. That sounds like something fun for you to deal with...

Allison said...

Oh NO! Cali! You have GOT to be nearing saint-hood! Seriously, what next? And you take it all in such good stride. You are SUCH an inspiration...I admire you so much...and love you. When we come to visit (did you remember we're coming April 2nd or something like that for Conference? DON'T CLEAN YOUR HOUSE, by the way!!) just plan on me taking care of you....like a live in maid for three days!! I'm dead serious! See you soon! {{hugs}}

Earl Family said...

Oh Cali. I am so sorry for you. And for CC. We will drop a little something by tomorrow. Oh, I found your camera. You left it at my house after Angelique shower. Good luck dear.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Wow! LOVE MOM

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

This reminds of the many times I didn't take someone to the hospital. We have an optomistic view of life's challenges. Love Dad

Angie said...

oh no cali! this is last thing you need. Hope she gets better soon. poor carolina.

Kim said...

Poor CC (and poor you)!! Hope she heals up quickly.

Angelique said...

Wow. She was being pretty good for having a broken leg. Poor girl. Do they give a 3 year old mini crutches..that would be sweet.

Jason Earl said...

Cali, I am *so* sorry.

gramyflys said...

How are you possibly going to transport this little angel around while you are pregnant and so sick? I know it could be a long few weeks ahead. When it rains, it pours, it seems. I am glad you are a girl who knows how to roll with the punches, Cali.This too shall pass....so sorry about Carolina. The picture of her is precious!!!!!

lysh said...

Yikes! Poor Carolina! I am so sorry! That definitely adds to the stress.

Lyndsey said...

hey, sad story! this is lyndsey thomas...do you remember me? anyway, you have a darling family and sometimes i read your blog, fun! i may have already told you this...i am glad you seem happy and congrats on the baby.