Saturday, June 6, 2009

Carolina Jones Turns FOUR

Today we had a birthday party for CC. I cannot believe she is only turning 4. She is a little busy body...a grown-up in a kid body. I don't write that much about her, because she is really hard to explain (you kinda gotta meet her)...also, I don't want her to have a chip on her shoulder about anything I write. She is extremely verbal (talking perfectly since 18 months)...has strong opinions and is very quirky. She makes alot of funny faces, its hard to snap a picture of her where she isn't making a face. She was my very easiest baby, until she was about 15 months old, when she really blossomed into a busy, busy person with LOTS of ideas. I really had to baby-proof EVERYTHING. I had already had 2 boys and thought they were pretty wild, but I was in for a huge surprize. I found out that they were pretty mild toddlers, compared to my little CC. When she was little, we called her "miss entitlement". She hasn't changed much. She is named for Joey's mission (and a NCAA basketball title) and also after my mom, Connie Jones. I love this daughter with all my heart. She is spunky, and funny and strong.


Here are pictures from her party today.

I let Carolina choose one friend from the ward to invite. This is her buddy Mandy.





Ashley had me take a picture of these sisters holding hands. Cute.



It was a "Littlest PetShoppe" party. Here is her Jello poke cake, just like I used to have.




This is a picture of Carolina freaking out when she opened Grandma Connie's present.



Minnie Mouse from Eliza. (CC LOVES minnie!)


Joey was in charge of games.









Carolina with the afore-mentioned gift.


It was a great party. A special thank you to Gramy too, she brought a wonderful tea set the week before, I have pictures I will post later of the fun that ensued. Also, thanks AHA....your package came to our door right before the party started and Carolina was THRILLED to get something in the mail!

9 comments:

gramyflys said...

What a fun, fun party for Carolina! She looks so happy to have everyone there. I love that little girl with all of my heart. I love her ideas and her energy and her unique way of saying things. Happy Birthday, Carolina. And thanks for posting about it, Cali.Don't know how you find the time....

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Looks like a great party! We hate missing all the fun. Carolina you really are getty grown up now.
LOVE GRANDMA CONNIE

Allison said...

I love CC Jones! The final picture is classic! Happy Birthday!

Earl Family said...

Thanks for the great party. Eliza is still talking about it. Thanks for coming to the baptism. It was great having you there.

vjc said...

I love the photo of he sisters.
happy day Carolina!!

Lindsay said...

Okay..things I like about this post. First, I like that you spelled "surprise" with a Z in the first paragraph. hee hee. Second, I love Grace's outfit. Kate has the Exact same one! Third, I love Joey in the firs picture of the kids playing games. He looks like he's really trying to make sure everything is under control and all the rules are being followed. And last, I love CC's "googly" eyes on the last picture. Such a funny girl. Happy B-day CC! We love you!

tiff said...

She's only 4- I thought she was more like 23?!!!

Angelique said...

I love Carolina...it's so fun to see the "grown-up in a kid body" when I watch her.

lysh said...

I feel so behind on blogs. I'm glad I got to catch up. Your anniversary looked amazing. Congrats on the baby girl! Happy Birthday to CC!