Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Christmas 2011

Okay, so I need to blog about Christmas.  That's how behind I am.  The problem is that this past Christmas, I was really sick (pregnant).  So my memories are hazy at best.  (Ashley tells me I was a real grinch...and I kept saying stuff like "my kids are only getting 2 presents each....they need to lower their expectations.." and other such ramblings) All I remember really is nausea, lots of nausea...and being a little overwhelmed by everything.  So I turned to my pictures to help me document the event.  The problem:  when I am sick, I don't think about taking many pictures!  The other funny thing, my kids look pretty disheveled in all of them.  So funny!  

Grandma Ruth came to visit Utah in December.  My kids love her so much.  She brought them gifts!

My grandma was showing the kids an Christmas email she received.  I just love this picture.

It was technically our "Earl" year, but my parents were still in Madrid, and all of my family were heading to their respective in-laws.  We decided to head to Arizona and be with the Emigs.  This was a wonderful decision for us.  My mom-in-law really picked up the slack for me (thanks mom for taking care of me so lovingly!!!), and all of the local cousins provided the "fun factor" that is hard for me to muster when not feeling well.  So without further ado...I present the sad collection of pictures I do have from this fun time.

This The girl table for Christmas dinner. I didn't take a picture of the boy table, but girls are so much cuter anyway. (haha)
Preparations for dinner.  My contribution, Rhodes rolls.  They went easy on me.

 
We had an amazingly talented group of performers.  Nat organized our "pageant".  I just got to sit back and watch the magic.


This is Fiona performing her "talent", which was to point to different body parts I named.  I included this picture, because it is the only one I could find that I am in.  I was there, I promise!!
Joey and his girls.
All the kids got the traditional pjs for their talent.  Lets see if I remember.  Ty did something with a football, some kind of trick I think, Jack recited 2 funny poems, the girls each sang a song and then there was Fi, with her amazing body part recall.  Gramy made these nightgowns for the girls.  They are their favorite thing.  They wear them almost every night.


All the girls with their "gramy jammies".
Okay, so Christmas morning I make my kids line up by age to go down and open presents.  So cute!


So like i said, I didn't take very many pictures, and the ones I did, seem to be of the girls!  Sorry Ty and Jack.  I do remember that Joey gave me some framed pictures from the Portland temple that he took at Mike and Alli's wedding (that's where we got married) and also an i-phone.  It was a wonderful Christmas.







More blogging to come!

2 comments:

ashleyboice said...

woohoo. You are on a roll. I love it.

Allison said...

You rock. I still haven't blogged our Christmas, so you're ahead of me! Love those three matching purple gowns on the girls! Reminds me of my childhood in those gowns! I really love seeing your kids...getting big and your girls are SO gorgeous!