Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

I was actually kind of excited for Halloween to get here, just so it could finally be over. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a holliday based around the acquisition and consumption of candy...but after the ward Halloween party, Young women Halloween party, school and preschool parades and parties....well lets just say I'm done being excited about getting all 4 kids dressed up and ready to go in their costumes.

I started the night at Kaelynn and Jasons for chili and scones (delicious by the way). My friend Shane came with me for moral support, as Joey wasn't able to get out of work early. After a quick bite to eat, the trick-or-treating began. We went back to our house around 7:30 and I stayed to put the girls down while Joey and Shane took my boys around our neighborhood for a bit. Then Joey, Shane and I watched a movie. I'm still on a candy high...

Here are some pictures:


Shane will hate this picture, but it is the only one I have of him from the front. This is him pushing Gracie. She sat in the stroller all night downing candy.
Joey with Carolina Jones, aka, Minnie Mouse

Gotta love my niece Brooklyn's awesome 80's costume, even better was how she did this sweet pose when I asked to take a picture of her.

Carolina Jones and her idol, older cousin Eliza.

Okay, so that's me, the most unphotogenic person in the world...but I'm determined to show through pictures, that yes, I was there too!

Tyson, the avid BYU fan with his good buddy and cousin Zac. Zac kept saying "I'm shiny!" I love Gigi in the background.
The gang. About to get our candy on....

Shane with Minnie. He trained Carolina to say "can I have one for my sister too?", so we didn't have to take Grace out of the stroller every time, but still got candy for her.

Have you ever seen a gorilla with a bottle? I love when you can still pick what your kid is going to be for Halloween...because once they can talk, it's princess, princess, princess!

10 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

I now deem all gorillas should carry bottles because it is too cute! Im with you on the costume picking. I'm enjoying it while I can!

Supercords said...

It was a fun night, plus I scored a cut of Grace's candy.

I posted a few pictures of my own over on my blog.

Tom Earl said...

Yippie!!!!!

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Hooray for Blogs!!
LOVE GRANDMA CONNIE

Kim said...

My personal favorite is the Minnie Mouse costume. I love that picture of her walking with Joey. She looks so cute!

mumovearls said...

I was so SAD when all my boys where so set on what they wanted to be this year... Oh well I guess I have to let them grow up!
Love the Gorilla! and Tyson is a True Earl Fan! (made your daddy proud i bet!)-n

Angelique said...

I love, love the gorilla costume. And Justin and I both (at the same time) said, "Cali looks great in that picture".

AJ said...

Cali,

I am glad you have joined the blogging world. It is so great to see pictures of your kids. Thanks for sharing. Andrea

Anonymous said...

GG and Holland are going to have SO much fun together at Christmas! They even have matching tweenie hair! PS...I love your family picture...black and white...classy!

Lindsay said...

I bet that gorilla costume was super warm. She looks super cute in it. Do your kids share their candy or do you have to steal it? :)