Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The best Time of the Year

I haven't had much time to write, there is so much to do. One of the things my kids look forward to is making a gingerbread house. I usually take a shortcut and buy a kit. This year I got home with one, only to open it and find that it was used already....which leads me to the question, who opens a gingerbread house, puts it together, takes it apart, and then returns it to the store? This was super annoying, because I had to run back to get another one...but, oh well! So, here it is before during and after our decorating party.






AFTER......as you can see, the kids really did it themselves. I had to control my bossy tendancies the whole time. (I like symmetry and patterns of color...they don't seem to care!) I should put a picture of what the house looked like by the next morning when I got up. There seems to be alot of snitching!


Some other random things to write about. This is what we gave our young women at the Christmas party. I was in charge of packaging this chocolate angel on a pretzel. A big shout out to Ashley for helping me make the card....it was not easy and took us right up until it was time to go...but as usual, we Earl girls work well under pressure. They turned out super cute even though Ash and I were covered with glitter!


Okay, so it FINALLY snowed here. Right on time for Christmas. It has been downright balmy! Here are some pictures I took about 5 minutes ago. I was thinking I should make my kids cuter for pictures...but that would not be REALITY...and would make all you other mothers think I really have my stuff together...which I don't. I fly by the seat of my pants most days. This is Grace with her "snow toy", a whisk from the kitchen.

I love Jack's eyes when he wears this coat.

Carolina...who in real life is pretty cute, but is a very unphotogenic child. Sorry CC, but it's true!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you ever find out the answer to your gingerbread house question, PLEASE let us know...we are dying of laughter! Can't wait to see you this weekend! Looks like we might not get there until Sunday instead of Saturday...but we'll keep you posted!

Peggy Dee said...

I love your kids' jackets. You just need 2 more kids and put them in orange and yellow and you'll have a rainbow! They are so cute. Thanks for the update.

gramyflys said...

I love your blog, Cali. It really does make us moms/grams feel more connected to our little ones. Thank you for taking the time to do it....and, I love the chocolate angels! Good for you and Ash. See you Tuesday....

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

HELLO FROM GRANDMA CONNIE. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Kim said...

I, too, am fascinated about the gingerbread house. Who would do that?! Love the fun pictures.

Supercords said...

I have a sneaking suspicion that Joey is seen here putting in some quality family time prior to this weekend's Vegas trip. Go Cougs!

Angelique said...

Grace looks like she is about to cast a spell with that "snow toy". Love the holidays with snow!

Earl Family said...

Adorable. I love that you do the whole gingerbread thing. Where do you get your kit? We buy ours from Costco every year, but your candy looks way more delicious than ours :)

Ike and Linh Earl said...

Cali! We havent seen you and your family forever now! Sweet gingerbread house, Ike and I did ours for the first time last night. Merry Christmas to all you Emigs!