Friday, December 5, 2008

What I've Been Up To...

Time has gotten away from me. We have been having busy times around here. I wanted to quickly throw some pictures up for my mamas! (and my sisters, brothers...well all of you)

People who know me understand that I am NOT crafty! I know it is a rare find around here, someone who doesn't make things, scrapbook, decorate....you get the picture. That being said, I love my new nativity...I made it myself. I learned how at a "super saturday" and then Ash decided to make one too and after some fun afternoons, we actually finished them.

The next picture shows a candle nativity that I did for Young Womens...(I am mormon, and work with the 14-15 year old girls in my ward) It was great. It is a narration of the Birth of Christ, with Christmas hymns. You light the appropriate candles during the singing and narration. Can you see Mary and Joseph, the three kings, angels, shepards and sheep?


Okay, so I don't have a sweet camera like so many of you...but I wanted to show my mia maids. We had the laurels come at the last minute too. Aren't they adorable? I love them so much.



And finally what is a blog post without pictures of the kids? We got another huge beanbag for the basement and here is Joey settling them in to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks. As my dad would say "Does it get any better than this?"





10 comments:

Samantha said...

dang. I love those nativities. Why don't i live by you so i could make one too? Wah.

I love the candle one too. Super creative.

::lindsay said...

I like your nativity. How fun.

Okay, those are the biggest bean bags ever! My kids would think those are the greatest.

Peggy Dee said...

Be careful... If you show your crafty side, people will expect even more out of you! It's best to hide those sort of skills and only use when absolutely necessary. Keep up the good work!

Allison said...

Way to go, crafty lady! I knew when we made those "family" letters at our girls' weekend that we'd make a crafter out of you! They are adorable! maybe i'll post pics of my new crafty nativity....

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Wasn't there a script with the candles? Thanks for the update.
LOVE MOM

Angie said...

i'm very impressed with your craftiness! although i always knew you were talented after you made a homemade weather map for our newscast when we were young.

gramyflys said...

Oh, I LOVE your blog, Calista! The nativity you made is over-the-top adorable. I love that it is so simple and sweet and that kids can't break it and can get hands on with it and get to know those shepherds personally! I had never seen the candle idea before, and would love to see the whole thing done...maybe at the Christmas Cabin? And why don't you bring your crafty nativity too so that it isn't all about Santa up there.
The bean bags..well, let me just say that if I had had something so wonderful and snuggly as a child, I would have turned out a whole lot better! SO fun! See you soon!

Angelique said...

A homemade weather map, impressive!

I Love nativities and I love yours.

Lindsay said...

THose bean bags are awesome!! Are they luv sacks?? I bet your kids love them!! Those candles are really neat too! I would love to see how you did those!!

mumovearls said...

We LUV our Lov Sac too!