Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Chapter 2.5

To start this post, I must mention that the cabin did not have a Christmas tree, and many of the kids were worried about Santa finding us there....where would he put the presents? Jared and Poppy pulled off the "2008 Christmas miracle", by borrowing a tree from a local pizza place. It was so awesome to see how relieved and excited the kids were. Later in the week they made the kind stranger a plate of gingerbread cookies and a thank you card. I'm sure it was a fun Christmas experience for her too!

Okay, so after we put the kids to bed, the adults stayed up and had our gift exchange. After feeling the spirit during a beautiful Christmas story from 'the dad', we got things rolling. Dave had Joey's name and gave him: wing shack gift certificates (which he used Monday and Tuesday of the next week Dave), the book "An American Lion" (about Andrew Jackson) and some trick golf balls. 'The Mom' had me...she got me a beautiful pair of dress pants and shirt...which fit like a dream, to her huge relief....and a purse with some fun makeup inside. The night progressed from there...with more gifts, some which I will not mention (keep it in the family right?). I'll just say that some of my brother in laws are pretty funny! (you know who you are Jared and Austin)

The next morning was so fun. Santa had come to find us in Bear Lake. Here are the kids running up the stairs.




I love the look on Alli's face, even the grown-ups were excited!


The cousin exchange was first. It went so well. I felt like all the cousins liked what my kids gave them (phew)....and my kids went nuts for what they got. Ty got a "game blanket"...BYU of course, and a poster signed by tons of BYU players...He has been sleeping with the blanket every night. (By the way Jared, I don't think Emily ever got her "you were right speech"..for those of you not there, he wasn't sure what an 8-yr old boy would think about getting a blanket for Christmas....but Ty, well, he is BYU-obsessed and LOVED IT!) Jack got a model airplane to put together and a hat light (thanks Chans...we did it right away!). Carolina got Fancy Nancy books and a tutu, dress up shoes and necklace (Allison, she is obsessed with these books...you were right on with this gift). Gracie got a Dora doll, baby bed and outfit from Abneys..(Linds she drags this doll around everywhere). THANKS COUSINS!!!

So here are some pictures from that morning:

Tyson, Avery, Emily...the aforementioned BYU stuff. The blanket is waterproof on one side so you can sit on it to watch games...it rolls up and has a handle and everything. The other side is byu-blue and white. It is adorable.

Gracie baby with her Dora doll:


Carolina got this dog in a purse from my grandma Jones. It was a REAL HIT!! Thanks AHA.


Jack with his presents from grandma AHA...I just love his face. He really loves presents and gives a great reaction when opening them.



Tyson with a BYU jersey from Joey and I:

The kids got a WII from Santa. Ty had been begging and pleading for a year for this...and had informed me that he knew Santa could get them, because 2 kids in his class got them last year from him. Here he is holding it up in triumph! He was so excited.

Jack loves legos with all his 6-year old soul!


The girls got a Rose Petal Cottage..(a playhouse)....so fun, but a bit anticlimatic since I wouldn't let them set it up until we got back to Lindon. They have been playing in it for HOURS every day since. I'll have to take a picture.

It was a great morning...I got a sonicare toothbrush, which I have been dreaming about for years and Joey got an i-home for his precious i-phone. Good people, good times. I'll write more later. My attention span has been maxed out!

5 comments:

Supercords said...

It's amazing how easily kids can be overwhelmed with happiness. I wonder what gift I'd have to unwrap in order to match the expression on Jack's face.

Kim said...

Yes, Jack's faces are the best. Wow, even I'm excited for his presents!

I'm enjoying reading about your Christmas. The cabin seems like a great idea.

Lindsay said...

I don't think there is anything funnier than Jack's face in those pictures. Hilarious!

Earl Family said...

Love all your stories and pictures. I miss you!

Angelique said...

The cabin looks like a blast--crazy HUGE. I too, love Jack's ecstatic face.