Monday, January 12, 2009

Slurred Speech

I don't really have time to blog, as I am leaving on a long trip tomorrow to PERU! I am couch-bound for the time being though, because Carolina was put under this morning for dental work, and is slow to come out of it. The day started at 7:00am, which was good because CC couldn't eat or drink...which was really hard for her. The first thing she does every morning is have a bowl of cereal. At the dentist, the anesthesiologist gave her a shot in her bum while she was being distracted by a box of small toys (she picked a heart slinky). It was so weird to watch her get glazed over within 30 seconds. Her unnaturally large eyes looked even bigger as she looked around. She was instantly floppy...and then taken to the back for the IV sedation. The dental work went well. She had LOTS of cavities....(don't let your kids have milk bottles until they are 3!) She was so funny on the way home. They had instructed me to lay her down in the van buckled up...she was moaning and writhing around and trying to crawl around. At one point she rolled down the back window. I kept trying to calm her down and talk to her but she was out of it! The first thing she said when she finally did speak...(okay, imagine her voice like drunk girl from Saturday Night Live) "Mom do you know why I am so sad?....My bum hurts, they shot my bum." Later she said "I feel squiggly. Why does Max and Ruby look so weird?" Now she is more coherent, but is quite mad and demanding. I wish I knew how to help her. Only time will do the trick. Meanwhile, I'm leaving to Peru tomorrow and have SO MUCH to do! Oh well. That will have to wait. I sure love my little Jonesy.

9 comments:

tiff said...

Very funny- I can picture her! Have fun on your trip-I am very jealous.

Allison said...

Wholly Moley! Poor CC! Hooray for you...have a BLAST! Can't wait to see your report! Love you!

Supercords said...

It's too bad you couldn't get that all on video. It would have been hilarious to watch at our next Survivor Night. Plus, you could pull it out when her Prom date comes over, many years from now.

Anonymous said...

Cali! Long lost playgroup buddy! I just found your blog. Sorry to hear about your little one--not fun times. I actually would love to catch up with you & even have a favor to ask :-). It sounds like you are heading out of Peru--are you heading back to Lima? Well, if you get a chance to email me, I would love to hear from you: dmwhite@nwi.net
You have a beautiful family! Doesn't it seem weird that we are moms with kids of our own, doing playgroup, etc. ... anyway, email me!
Melissa

gramyflys said...

The story of CC reminds me a little of how you felt when you were given that magnesium at Tyson's birth. Remember the UPS guys you thought were in the room with you? That was one crazy night. Hope you are having the time of your lives in your beloved Peru. SO wonderful that you could go. Be safe....

Kristy said...

Hmm, maybe you should drug Carolina up more often...then she would be too out of it to misbehave AND she would say funny things. It's a win-win. Nice SNL reference by the way.

Lindsay said...

haha...I can just imagine her little raspy voice saying those super funny things! Too funny, but so sad for her. Hope Peru is AWESOME! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Christensen's said...

Too funny! Your kids are so dang cute! After leaving Ashley's house today I thought...surely Cali has a blog. So I looked into it and sure enough! Anyway...email me your email address so I can add you to mine! sbob33@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!