Friday, April 3, 2009

#7 Gracie Girl and the "Hand Doll"

So Ashley invented this game for Grace where her hand is a doll...I'm not sure whether to thank her or sue her. I pretty much play this all day with her, as does Ash when she's around. As I lay in my bed all day (reminder...I'm sick) Grace takes care of my hand. She kisses it, sings to it, puts it to bed, changes it's diaper, even tells it stories. It is pretty funny. I am actually amazed at what a great mom my little 2 year old is. She's quite the natural. Here are some pictures of her in action. The hand is Ashley's. She made me promise no pictures of her face. hee.

Grace telling baby "shhhhhh" (nice hair, right?)

Putting it to sleep with a blanket.


A kiss.





Okay, so here is my first try at a video clip. This is Grace singing to the doll. (you might have to turn up your computer, I was kind of far away.) She sings a mix of bah bah black sheep and twinkle little star. Warning: This may be too boring for non-grandparents.


6 comments:

Samantha said...

That's the funniest thing I've ever seen. I love how ashley is dancing her hand to the music. Hilarious. Kate loved watching it and is currently crying to watch it again, so here we go.

cort said...

That little girl is the cutest thing in the world! I love when she sings that song(s).

emily said...

This is the cutest thing I think I have EVER seen. Who'd have thunk a hand baby would be just her thing?

gramyflys said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! Is she precious or WHAT??? That is the most creative idea to entertain a baby while you are sick that I have EVER seen!!! She is AMAZINGLY creative to go along with it, too. I think I might have to put that video on MY blog so the world can see how adorable my Gracie is. LOVE IT!!!

vjc said...

absolutely adorable!!

Lindsay said...

Okay seriously Cali, the super funniest thing I have ever seen! She is so cute singing her little mixed version of bah bah black sheep and twinkle. I was laughing out loud. I love that you got video of this! And her little smirk at the end is icing on the cake!