Saturday, July 25, 2009

Home at Last!!

My parents came home from Peru last Saturday. What an awesome day it was. I wanted to post a bunch of pictures to remember the occasion.

We dressed our kids in red, white and blue to welcome them home. Ashley did an intricate hairdo on Grace, and when I pulled her out of the van, she had pulled them all out! Here is my aunt Vickie holding her:

Thier were two rubber bands left, so I scraped this look together:

Here is the gang...it was pretty hard to stay assembled for the 10-15 minute wait.

Carolina Jones holding a sign:



My parents got to meet baby Dougie for the first time:


We were missing Sam and Kyle, Ike and Linh, and Michael.


Jack, cheering up a grumpy Gracie:

Here they come!!!


I know my mom will hate these crying pictures...but I love them!






We are happy and relieved to have them home. So far they have made alot of trips to costco, and had fun with all of us.

7 comments:

Allison said...

Yipee! I know how much you all missed them. I really love the pictures....grumpy Grace and your mom crying....love it all!

Anonymous said...

The pictures of your mom crying made me cry! I bet they were SO excited to see all of those grandkids! It will be awesome for you guys to get to spend so much time together before they go again... and to be here for both yours and Ashley's babies! Speaking of...does that baby girl have a name yet???

Samantha said...

I love the pictures of mom crying. Classic mom.

gramyflys said...

Welcome home, Connie and Doug. And "Well Done." Looking forward to seeing you in Sept.

emily said...

I've been waiting and waiting and SO excited for you to have them home. I'm so happy the day FINALLY came...

Welcome Home!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Your mom looks beautiful! We loved seeing you guys!

Lindsay said...

Oh I bet you are SOOO happy to have them finally here! What an awesome day! (p.s- I love Gracie's frazzle head!)