Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Did You Give Up on Me?

Okay, I'm back and better than ever. The pictures are downloaded, and I am ready to tell you all about my amazing trip to Peru. We left on a Tuesday at 10:00am...I won't tell much about the travel, it was boring and long. We flew to Dallas...lay over, then Miami....lay over and then finally to Lima. We got there at 5:00 am Lima time. The airport seemed modern and clean and right away I realized I had come to a whole new Peru than the one I remember from my childhood. After customs we came out, and there was my dad. What a sight! I have missed my parents so much. His bishop Armando had graciously come to pick us up. He was fun to meet, he is 29 and works for the church. We looked at Lima sleepily on the way to my parents house, where we crashed until noon.

We were so happy to be there and to see my mom and Justin and Angelique, who came in the night before (they got home a 2 am...NOT a good night for my dad). The first thing we did was jump on a bus and head downtown.



My dad buying "agua, sin gas" out the bus window.


We walked around and stoppe at a place for "pepito" which were like donuts, made out of sweet potato, with syrup on them. I love this picture of my mom and I....you can tell we are so happy to see each other...our faces are all lit up!

Next we went to an incan market to buy Peruvian "stuff" and thankfully, I had in my mind what I wanted to buy, because it felt a little abrupt buying souveniers on the first day. I got a nativity scene, inca cola shirts for the kids and sweaters. Then we hopped back on the bus and headed down to a gorgeous mall that was on the ocean...built into the side of a cliff. We ate an AMAZING meal here. I had steak and Joey had scallops. Here is a picture of the view at that mall.

3 comments:

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

At last! One correction Picarones.
We miss you guys so much.
LOVE MOM
PS. Don't forget pictues of the kids.

Cali said...

Thanks mom, I have to go change that...pepitos are those delicious steak sandwiches in Mazatlan, with the avocado on them...yummy, I really love food.

Angelique said...

haha..I look like I'm giving everyone the evil eye in the bus picture..Dooglas didn't want to wait for me to look at the camera. :)