Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Hope They Call Me on a Mission

I am enjoying looking through my pictures to make these updates. For my brothers and sisters this post will feel like a walk down memory lane.

My parents left in January to be the Mission Presidents of the Madrid Spain Missionary Training Center. It was hard to see them go. They had been living with us for six months, which I think made them leaving even harder for me. On the day they left for the MTC in Provo I put on my happy face and said goodbye. Immediately upon hearing them shut the door, I started bawling my brains out...then I heard the door open again like a minute later. I was so embarrassed at my hysterical state that I yelled "get out of here!" My mom stammered, "I'm going, I just forgot this one thing". I then yelled "Don't look over here" (I was around the corner on the couch). She was out the door pretty fast and I resumed my pity party. It was funny.

We went a couple of days later to say our official goodbyes at the MTC. It was a neat experience. I was excited for my kids to get to be there, along with all my brothers and sisters and their kids too. I am really trying to help my little group understand what this is all about.




Robbie found a picture of the prophet, and was so excited to show all the kids.



What a group.






This one is blurry, or is that just me crying?....not sure.


I miss my parents tremendously. I sometimes wish I didn't like them so much. My sisters and I joke that we even miss them when we are with them. I never even had those rebellious years when your parents drive you crazy. I have always loved to be around them. Why is this? Is it my mom's sparkling conversation?...oh wait, that's just me talking her ear off while she does Sudoku. Could it be my dad's gentle ways, his sensitivity?...HA. I'm not sure, I just know that they are my people.

So mom, dad, if you are reading this, come back soon! And by soon I mean exactly when you are supposed to, in one year and nine months!

7 comments:

Samantha said...

ONE YEAR AND NINE MONTHS?!! Holy cow. I thought other people's missions were suppose to go by fast. That's way too long.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

On the 15 of May we will be 1/6 done. Fiona and Henry will be 2years+3months when we get back.
Short time no. Forever no.
Every day that passes brings it closer. We're having a great time but we MISS YOU!!
LOVE MOM

Allison said...

Ugh. That post was sad! It was hard enough to send my inlaws away...can't imagine sending my own parents! They are awesome people!

Cali said...

boo hoo...poor us.
It kills me to read how old the babies will be. this is ashley by the way...not you.

Earl Family said...

Oh man.

This too shall pass.

Thank you for your updates. I love reading your blog.

peggy said...

I hope my kids would miss me that much! By the way, I miss your parents too. We hardly even got to see them during those six months. We totally got ripped off!

gramyflys said...

What a great example the Earls are to serve the Lord as they do. I adore the picture of Connie walking down the hall with a darling little blonde granddaughter on each hand. So sweet.