Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fiona Turned One

Looking back, I didn't blog about Fiona's and Grace's birthdays. Ashley did of course...but then someday when we are reading the blog book, I don't want these two daughters of mine to wonder "what gives?".

First off, I know you have all seen these pics that I went back and stole off of Ash's blog, but they are worth re-showing. Cort, you are amazing.

So with this post we will focus on Fiona. Fi is a very spunky and happy little baby. She brings so much joy to our family. It is so fun having a baby when you have older kids. They love her so much and are incredibly helpful with her. She basically has four little servants running around to do her bidding. Fiona makes us laugh so much and brings the whole family together. Who could resist this face?

I loved reading back on Ash's blog. We threw a big family party for the "twin cousins" (not to be confused with our actual cousins that are twins!).

Time to blow out the candles.
We had a baked potato bar (a cheap and delicious way to feed the 28 fun family members who came). Ladies in the kitchen...doing what we do!
Fiona has MANY nicknames...I thought I might list some for the record: Fi, Fi-nona, Nona, Fid, Fidstonias, Noni, Fi-Fie, Baby (Grace is Beebs)....oh yah, my grandma also calls her Little Wee, and Lil' Fixin...usually, when I call her name she RUNS THE OTHER WAY, laughing.
Auntie Linh made these ADORABLE cakes for the babies....can you believe it? I love the fondant stars.
Then Cort took the babies outside to snap a few pics...we had bought these matching outfits for them.

I love these pics with her best buddy Henner Bens...is that how you spell that Ash?
I love these babies.

5 comments:

ashleyboice said...

It makes me so happy when you post.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Good job!
Love Grandma Connie

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

I saved them to my desktop so the missionaries could see them when I do a powerpoint and ask me who they are. Dad D

Earl Family said...

YAY! Welcome back. I love reading your posts. I am so happy to see you blogging again.

I can't believe how much Fi looks like Jack. I haven't seen your kids in forever - Fi is probably in school by now.

gramyflys said...

Yummy. This makes me so lonesome for your kids.Can't believe we missed you while you were here. Ugh. Sweet little Fiona. I need to spend some serious time getting to know her better. She is a beauty just like her Mom...