Saturday, April 2, 2011

Steinerson Reunion, Summer 2010

I have taken a very long and obvious sabbatical from blogging. So at this point should I just give up on it all? Well, I have decided I am going to follow my mom's lifelong advice of "keep trying". So anyone who actually follows this blog (the mamas), prepare yourself for lots of updates forthcoming. I want to go back and include the things I skipped, including but not limited to: Steinerson Family reunion, Grace's birthday and Halloween, Christmas, and the Pinewood Derby. I know you are all perched on the edge of your seats. I am mostly going to throw up LOTS and LOTS of pictures.

Summer 2010 was very eventful. I went to girls camp, helped plan the ward trek, we had pool passes and lots of visitors. The Steinerson Reunion was a very special time for our family. It was held in Lindon Utah. Okay here come the pictures. (which I stole from Allison's blog...I was busy and ended up with practically NO pictures of this awesome party...I kept saying, take a picture for me!)

This first picture is from the book that Emily published for the family. As per usual, Emily never does anything halfway, and now we all have a very important book of family history, with beautiful pictures.

This is the couple who started it all (Grandma Ruth's parents). They had 3 daughters: Katherine, Ruth and Lois. We really appreciated the effort people made to come, we had lots of relatives from Missouri, Arizona of course, some from Oregon and other places.

The following show what great times we had (in no particular order). Girl cousins:

We had a neat program in the theater where Gramy taught us all about the family and her childhood and memories of her parents.
We had the kids sing "The Family is of God"...I love a musical number!!
The pancake crew!
The brothers and sisters who were there and their spouses.
As Doug Earl would say "Does it get any better than this?"
Some say I look like Aunt Sandy, so I included this hilarious picture where we both look ridiculous, but seem to be enjoying each other's company immensely:
We spent time in a small park by my house (Creekside)...volleyball, food and fun times ensued.
Ladies and babies:

The following montages were obviously stolen from Alli...I don't know how to do this cutsie stuff, but I LOVE IT!!

We played lots of games (thanks Aunt Jean and Joey!):
We went up the canyon for an "easy hike" (you may be laughing if you were there...thanks Sandy and Chunk for assuming we are all in shape..ha, wait, who am I to say?? I went straight to the ending campsite to set up for dinner!) Camp songs soon followed as we celebrated Chunk's birthday.

I love this picture of Grace...so dirty and holding a sucker. It reminds me so much of the family reunions of my own youth.
A beautiful (rare) picture of Carolina Jones with Uncle Aaron:
Sisters!!
I want to end with this picture of Gramy Ruth (with Fi). We love you Gramy!!!!

4 comments:

gramyflys said...

This is the day I have waited for. I am over the moon that you are able to find time to blog once again..don't know how any of you do it! Too many kids and responsibilities, but I sure LOVE it when you do! Thanks so much..can't wait to see the rest!

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Super post. Dad d

Allison said...

Great job, Cali! Yes, just keep trying! Can you even believe it's APRIL! Ahhh!

Anonymous said...

You're ahead of me, Cali! I STILL haven't posted this week together... OR CHRISTMAS! Ahhhh!