Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gracie Turned Four

Grace's birthday is fun, because it is around Halloween. Her birthday week started with a visit to her school. I brought a poster, and told her class all about her. Here she is with her amazing teacher Miss Cathie:
I love this picture of Grace holding her baby sister Fi. Needless to say, Grace is a small person. Grace is quick to point out that she is little, but she is not a baby. "I'm just short"...she says.
Things I love about Grace...where do I begin? This little girl is what we call a "do good-er"...whenever anyone is in trouble she is quick to point out "mom, I'm not talking mean"...or "I will always obey mom". It is funny. She is very agreeable and easy-going, which helps her to get along with her sister Carolina famously. They are best friends in fact, and are pretty much inseparable. She loves to sing and is happy to give a performance anywhere to anyone. She is cute and funny and is super-cuddly. She gives the best hugs in the family...using both her arms and legs! She hates to get in trouble, and it breaks my heart when I have to scold her...which isn't too often. She is the peace-maker of our bunch. She skips everywhere she goes. She has an odd stubborn streak that kicks in occasionally, and at the weirdest times, always catching me off guard when it happens. She has a tendency to be what we call a "lolly-gagger"..taking her time and getting distracted when we are trying to get in the car. Everyone thinks she is an overachiever, she is extremely verbal, especially for her height! She is famous in our ward and neighborhood, everyone knows who she is for some reason. I love my Grace!
We decided that we would go to Build-a-Bear for her birthday. Ash has been wanting to go for years...ha ha. I was willing to do a bear for Carolina and Grace, then Jack begged me to come, so I paid for HALF of his bear.

Excited CC in the parking lot!
The birthday girl.
The kids with Auntie Ash...I didn't have to do too much talking to convince her to come with us!
Here we go, Jack has leftover camo-paint on his face, from wearing his costume to school that day...
Giving her bear a "bath":
The final product...and three VERY HAPPY KIDS!!
On Halloween, before trick-or-treating, we sang to GiGi and opened presents. Aunt Linh came through AGAIN with a sweet cake for Grace. She had the lady at the bakery put princess rings on the cake. And she got a special pin to wear. Thanks Auntie Linh, you are the BEST. Grace was THRILLED. She is dressed as "Alice in the wonderland" (as she calls it).
Hmmm, I wonder what this present could be?
Holding her spoils from Gramy Lori:
Jack and Oli, ready to hit the streets for some candy gathering:

5 comments:

Angie said...

Oh Gracie.
When i was down there a couple weeks ago, and playing with your girls, Gracie turned to Carolina and whispered "do we like her?"-as if they were holding a council to decide my coolness. and I was approved! Best day of my life. :)

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

We have all been there. Love the pictures. Dad D

Earl Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday Grace :)

lysh said...

I just want to squeeze Grace. The pictures of Fi and Henry are to die for. I have almost quit blogging a million times because I get too far behind and figure that not too many people read it anyway. I am so glad that you keep trying. I love the updates!

gramyflys said...

Oh, this girl is just yummy. You are so right about her hugs. I don't know anyone who hugs as good as Grace. Her precious singing voice and her willingness to sing on command are some of my favorite things in life. Sure love this little angel...