Thursday, February 25, 2010

Vegas Baby

For Christmas my dad rented a house in Las Vegas and all of the Earl family was together! My parents were to be leaving for another mission in January, and we wanted to have one last hurrah. It was an amazing place. We chose it for 2 reasons. First, we wanted to attend the Vegas Bowl, and second we needed a BIG place to all be together. I know my dad had worries on how it would all turn out...I thought it was a BLAST!!!


So I am going to post mostly pictures. My dad bought rock band BEATLES..it was a hit! I love his singing face by the way! The kids favorite was Lucy in the sky with diamonds.


I have to say that this kinda changed my kids life forever. They LOVE the Beatles now. They have downloaded all their songs and memorized the words. They have Beatles t-shirts, which they begged me to buy. The other day I heard Jack in the kitchen singing at the top of his voice "when I find myself in times of trouble...mother mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, let it be." It made me think of my dad, and it made me get a tear in my eye.


This is what our time in Vegas looked like most of the time, lots of kids....



And lots of fun sitting around talking!


There was SWIMMING!

And crafts.
And even an invalid!
This is Joey and Ty when they got home from the BYU game. They were still smiling! It was one of the best nights of Ty's life. He got to storm the field, and be on TV (thanks to uncle Justin) and he didn't even complain about the bitter cold.
We had a mini talent show Christmas eve. Grace and Carolina sang, Jack did a handstand, and Ty threw a football through a target.



Christmas morning was great and the kids loved all their presents. I had to include these two pics of Grace Christmas morning.



It was an amazing time. I love being with my family. Do you love us in our matching pjs?

3 comments:

Angelique said...

Cali you are on a roll with the posts. You captured a great picture of the football being thrown. Nice!

(Oh, you forgot to mention how I wrapped your presents in cracker boxes and a Lucky Charms box. haha...lame, sorry about that.)

gramyflys said...

You are going to spoil us all with your wonderful posts! We will get addicted, and you will have to keep it up every day! What a fabulous Christmas for the Earl Family. And that reminds me that we had better start looking for jammies for this year!!! And crafts! and food......can't wait!

Earl Family said...

Cali. I love the picture of Dad singing.

It is so great to read your blog. Maybe one of these days I will come over so I can see you in person :P