Sunday, August 1, 2010

Jack's Special Day

I left off my blogging in May...I will have to get back on track where I left off sometime soon. This summer has been so hectic and busy for me. There has not been any "downtime" really. I want to blog about Jack though, for all the friends and family near and far. Jack got baptized yesterday. It was a very special day. He was so excited and ready for this big step in his life. He is an extremely thoughtful and spiritual person. He asks amazing questions....an example: the other day we were talking about repentance and he told me that his brother Ty say that he tries to repent every night. I said, yes that it is good to think about your day and what you could have done better and then to just keep trying. He said: "how can this be true repentance mom, if Ty just kicks me again the next day?" I suggested that he focus more on his own behavior and what he needs to do in his own life...to which he replied: "I know mom, I'm just really worried about my brother!" He makes me laugh so much!

And now, lots of pictures:
Gramy eating breakfast with the girls: I took a picture with Jack and each one of his siblings. (except Fi, who was a real pill the whole morning!) Mom and Dad, we tried to keep you in mind with Jack's peruvian tie.











Jack picked Cort to give the talk on the Holy Ghost, he did such a great job, with tons of visual aids. It made me smile so big!

I know Justin won't love this picture, but the other one was blurry, and I want him to get credit for being there! ha.
Jack with his best friend Brody. They used to be the exact same height, so they looked like twins. Brody has sprouted up recently. I told Jack he is a late bloomer and will get tall right before his mission.


I love you Ike and Linh!


This is Ella Brown, the other child that got baptised. Their family is best buddies with ours (Amy Brown is the YW president and I am her 1st counselor, and their son Casey is Ty's best friend). They had A TON of family there, so it made for quite the boisterous occasion!

Jason and Kaelynn.

After the game Joey, his mom, Jack and I went to buy him some scriptures, go out to lunch at In&Out and run some errands. It was such a wonderful day. I am so proud to be Jack's mom. He is extremely smart, verbal and busy. He really keeps me on my toes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack has gotten WAY more photogenic over the years! I remember as a smaller child, he always did a crazy face in EVERY SINGLE picture you took of him! What a handsome boy! We love him!

ashleyboice said...

I can't believe there is a picture of me that doesn't make me want to die...or hack into your blog to delete it. hahaha.

It was a great day and I am so proud of Jack...I love that little guy.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Jack, we are so proud of you.
You are a great grandson. We so wish we could have been there for your special day.
Love from Spain,
Grandma Connie and Grandpa Doug

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Jack, thank you for wearing the Peru tie. It made me feel like I was there with you. You are such a good boy and you will become a good man. The pictures of your baptism are so good. I wish I had pictures like that of my baptism. Your family really loves you and it was so good that they could all come to see the baptism. The pictures made me feel so good about being on a mission because every day I teach the missionaries how to go out and find people that want to get baptized into our true church. BAPTISM is really, really important. Even Jesus had to get baptized. Now you are a member of the church too. Love Grandpa Doug

Allison said...

Good job on all the pictures, Cali!! You were SO on top of it! And you look stunning in that blue top!

It honestly feels like YESTERDAY that we came to Utah for Ty's baptism! I just can't believe Jack is 8 now! He's such a great boy.

lysh said...

I really can't believe Jack is 8. We attended Mikkel's baptism this weekend and it blew my mind that he is 8 too. You looked beautiful in the pictures. Thanks for taking all the pictures.

gramyflys said...

It was such a fun day being together and honoring Jack's decision to be baptized. What an amazing boy he is. Sure am proud to be his Gramy.

Earl Family said...

Cali,

What a great day! Jack looked great (as did the rest of your family) and the program was perfect. I can't wait to hang out and chat over pancakes. Thanks for the wonderful morning.