Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Now Let's Go Back

We got together this spring for a law school reunion. Joey had a tight group of friends in law school. They met up right away, during the first week, and were inseparable the rest of the time. They were such a fun group of people!!! We decided it was time to get together and catch up, so we rented the same house from Christmas for a fun weekend. We had so many laughs and made new memories. I was nervous to go, with a new baby I didn't feel like I was looking my cutest...you know how it is for reunions...but within five minutes of being there I could tell we were in for a fantastic weekend. I love these people. It gave me such a good feeling to see everyone doing so well. They are all great people who work hard to raise their kids, make a living and show up for their church callings.



One crazy thing happened. The girls went shopping on Saturday and left the boys home to hang out...big mistake!! Two of the guys climbed on the roof of the house and jumped into the pool. Greg ended up in the ER with two broken heels and soft tissue damage in both legs...they told him he would have to be in a wheelchair for 6 weeks, and maybe have to have surgery. It was his 17-year anniversary that day. Jen was a good sport about it. They have 6 kids, and a foster kid and Greg is in the Bishopric, which begs the question: do boys EVER grow up??? It was so scary, because he could have gotten hurt worse. I don't know that he will ever live it down!


3 comments:

Allison said...

That is crazy! I guess they don't ever grow up until something crazy like that happens! Send me info about that house, though...we are looking for a place for a chan reunion.

Gords said...

That's awesome. If he's the Unit Commissioner of the scouts in his ward, he should review the BSA Safe Swim Defense.

I'm sure he's getting all sorts of ribbing. Poor guy.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

They do not grow up. They just keep having injuries. Mom and Dad