Saturday, August 21, 2010

Updates, June and into July


In June Joey went to Boston with his good buddy Scott. They took in some baseball at the "green monstah" and visited the basketball hall of fame, and ate alot of really yummy food (which he delights in showing me pictures of.) So he got back on Father's day, and the kids were excited to see him. (Joey, I am so happy that my kids get to have such a wonderful dad. Keep up the good work!)

We went to Lake Powell for girls camp this year (June 23-26). It was exhausting and fun, and hot, and tons of work, and did I mention exhausting? Joey took off work to watch my kids...which was awesome...none of the guilt of having your best friends and family doing you a huge favor and watching all your kids for you! I got a text the second morning I was gone that Jack had fallen and had to get 9 staples in his head! Then on Friday and Saturday I was on the phone ALOT with my sister Sam, who was at the hospital to give birth to Josi. It was very exciting. The six hour car-ride home from camp with lots of rowdy beehives watching a barbie movie?...not so much.

The day after I got home from camp, Tif Christensen came in to town with her 5 boys for a visit. This was a really busy and fun time for us. We had such a blast! The boys love each other so much. Cannon came later in the week.

The boys found a frog in the yard and refused to pick it up. I even offered 50 cents to whoever would do it. What a bunch of city kids!


Finally, Jack's love of money won out....he looks calm in the picture, but he sure wasn't! Carolina and Grace each earned 10 cents for touching it!


A Wendy's pic-nic in the theatre...good times!


Tif and I took the kids swimming, which resulted in another trip to instacare...Carolina fell in the bathroom ( she later told me she was on the counter trying to get soap on her hands and fell off) and had to get stitches...caution, gross pictures to follow!



I took Jack with me. He got his staples out and Carolina got her stitches in!

I love how beautiful Carolina looks in this picture. She love to wear this hat when she is outside.

Next up, my visit to see my mom and Samantha in California, the Emig family reunion, and other equally exciting summer happenings. I know you all can barely wait.

7 comments:

Angelique said...

Carolina really is such a pretty girl. But that cut, eek!

Dougie seems to be a city boy as well compared to his cousins in Idaho. We need to toughen these boys up!

gramyflys said...

You have really had an amazingly busy summer, Cali. I don't know how you do it, but you are so gracious and easy going. Thanks again so much for having most of the reunion activities at your house. It was a great time for us.

gramyflys said...

Also, I noticed that my blog addresss is wrong on your page. I had to change it for some reason a while back. www.gramyflys-thebestoftimes.blogspot.com

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

I had to download several of those pictures. What a kick. Dad d

ashleyboice said...

the picture with Carolina tilting her head back showing the stitches looks exactly like you. caught my breath when I saw it...i thought it was you. weird.

AJ said...

Oh poor girl. No fun getting hurt. :o( Glad you had a good summer! I can't wait to hear about the rest of it.

Anonymous said...

Funny that Ashley said the picture with CC tilting her head back looks like you because when I saw it, I thought, "Lori Emig." She IS a beauty!