Thursday, November 13, 2008

Commando


So, I let my son Jack dress himself every day for kindergarten. I see alot of interesting outfits, but rarely make him change. He loves to wear different pairs of church pants with t-shirts. It is hard to get him to put on socks. I have given a disclaimer to most of my friends and also his teacher, so they don't think I have really bad style, or don't care how my kids look. Sometimes, if he is clashing too bad, or has worn the same shirt more than once that week, I intervene.

This morning, I noticed the jeans he was wearing were way too big around the waist. He was basically holding them up with one hand. "Jack, are those pants too big?", "Yeah, mom, maybe I better get other ones." So I went upstairs with him to help him find some, only to find that he had no underwear on underneath. He said he couldn't find any in the drawer (there were like 10 pairs in there). So basically, he would have been at school, with his pants falling down, and no unders on. I guess that's what mothers are for.
By the way, the photo of Jack was taken by my brother in law Cortney Boice, who is an amazing photographer. View more of his work at: http://www.cortneyboicephotography.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Laura Lei said...

Ummm...that is hilarious.
Also, that picture is awesome.

Angie said...

that could have been really awkward...but hilarious.

vjc said...

Every mother I know wants to hang a disclaimer sign around their childs neck at one time or another. you gotta love it.

Earl Family said...

Okay that's funny. I have to agree with Auntie Vickie :0

mumovearls said...

mmmmm... A disclaimer... I like the sounds of that! Right now Beckham always to the dirty laundry to find his clothes when I tell him to get dressed. What is wrong with that? mmmmm... I don't get it? But a Disclaimer would solve all my problems!-Nena (Love that you are blogging)

Supercords said...

Funny post Cali. You're a natural at this.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Thanks from GRANDMA CONNIE

Angelique said...

Justin says Jack reminds him of himself when he was little...wonder if Justin did that as a young boy. hmmm.

lysh said...

I'm at Brandon's office because our computer sucks. I read your post and was laughing so hard out loud. Brandon and his co worker couldn't tell if I was laughing or crying. They looked a little concerned. Jack is too cute!

Anonymous said...

I think Jack and Brady are going to be good buddies...our latest fad around here is shorts with cowboy boots! And I think it's so stinkin' cute that I don't make him change either!

Lindsay said...

That is an awesome picture! You're so lucky to have a professional photographer in the family! :) Cute little Jack. I'm glad you saw the large pants before any incidences happened at school. Too funny.