Monday, November 10, 2008

This is my life

I live with a husband, and now a son who are OBSESSED with sports. My 8 year old knows all of the college football teams, their rankings, many of their important players...he also know this for pro football, baseball and basketball. I can not believe the intricacies of the sport that he "gets". He understands what everyones role on the team is, the penalties, everything! He already gives me a little smile when I try to talk about it with him (like, look how cute that mom is trying to talk about sports...she's clueless). His fav teams, college: BYU (of course!!!), pro: AZ cardinals, Diamondbacks, Suns, also, Red Sox. And now, to top it all off, Joey has introduced him to fantasy sports, which he sold me on because he would be playing with his AZ cousins...yeah, he used the whole family angle on me. But what this means is that he has players on multiple teams, so he is always checking scores, and stats....I already feel bad for his future wife.

Here is Ty's last birthday party. He wanted to go to the BYU and look at the legends museum. He was totally engrossed in all the displays of memorabilia.

Here was his cake. A baseball with his two favorite teams.

Here he is with best buddy and brother Jack. Go Cardinals!


My husband has even made it a family tradition to go to Cardinals training camp. (this year the girls stayed home) This is Ty with Anquan Boldin.



This picture was taken tonight:


Ty wakes up early and puts a sign on our door every time BYU plays. They are pretty funny. This is a picture of Saturday, we played the Aztecs....


I'm already nervous for the last two games. Ty gets so involved and often cries with joy or sorrow based on how BYU does.

14 comments:

Supercords said...

Quick, ship little Jack off to boarding school before he gets infected!

Lyndsey said...

Hey I just found you and your darling family! this is lyndsey Durst (thomas)I am glad you joined the blogging world! it is a fun way to stay in touch, even with those you haven't talked to in years!

tiff said...

A man after my own heart!!!

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Thanks for the entry. Hooray for Ty!
LOVE GRANDMA CONNIE

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Cali I think I recognize what you looked like in those pictures of Grace on her birthday. LOVE MOM
I keep going back and looking at all the pictures.

Kacey Nielsen said...

As i read your entry I kept picturing Tyson turning to you, when asked to switch to a different television to watch his game, 'but mom, that one isn't in HD!' That kid definitely knows what he likes and he has good taste!

mumovearls said...

That is so funny!-Nena

gramyflys said...

I suppose I must take some responsibility for some of this, since I didn't bind and gag his father as a child when he was starting up these same behaviors. I suppose that the bonding that is going on between him and his dad is actually priceless, if you can just stand it somehow. What a precious, SMART little man he is. I hope he turns out JUST like his daddy with all of his mommy thrown in for good measure!

lysh said...

He is his father's son! I knew he liked sports but I didn't realized the extent of Ty's committment.

Julio & Alina said...

I don't check on blogs all the time but when I do I enjoy it! It's like visiting with the people we like... and this time I had so much fun. I am glad you're blogging. Your children are growing so fast... time goes too fast, I think. Congratulations on your beautiful family

Kim said...

I love that picture of dad and son watching the game. Aaron and I got a kick out of it.

Kim said...

I love that picture of dad and son watching the game. Aaron and I got a kick out of it.

Lindsay said...

That is so cute. You can tell how much he just adores Joey and wants to be involved in all the "sports talk" with him. I love that sign. Hilarious! Go BYU!!!

Angelique said...

I spend 8 hours a day in BYU Athletics and Tyson knows more about the players than I do!