Saturday, November 22, 2008

Girl's night out

I don't know what to say in this post. If you have read my sister Ashley's recent post, this may sound redundant. People can be pretty divided on this subject. No, I'm not talking about politics, or the recent Prop 8 stuff, I'm talking TWILIGHT. Confession time: I love everything about it. I am one of those nerds who pre-ordered all the books, downloaded the music, and ordered my movie tickets a month in advance. There, I've said it. I feel relieved.

I feel that these books perfectly capture the whole "first love" feeling...the essence of high school, and all of the dramatic feelings you feel when you are young. I don't talk about these books very often, because I don't like to have to defend them....they are what they are, an awesome romance story.

Anyway, after standing in line (that is a whole other story,...thanks TIF) I found myself sitting with my girls, feeling giddy and excited. It was so funny to hear so many ladies (and some brave guys) giggling and squealing in unison. What a fun night we had. I was wearing a sweater with a big cowl neck and I was holding it up over my cheesy grin all night. Funny. I must say the casting of Edward and Bella was fantastic, and I loved all the side high school actors. I think the next movie could be even more fantastic, because it will hopefully have a bigger budget, for all the special effects and stuff. All in all, one of my funnest nights in a long time.



I couldn't find the picture I wanted but...these will do. Edward, with attitude and ray bans.
PS-Okay, so now it's cougar time, and I am so nervous I don't know what to do.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I loved the movie! I went with my girls here last night and squealed and laughed and loved it! yeah, the casting was spot on...edward and bella, jessica and jasper....jasper cracked me up when he first met bella! The next one will be even better and I find myself wishing it was coming sooner!


cougars....nervous...yea. We can't even watch it here, but we'll be listening to every minute!

Lindsay said...

Super fun!! Everyone has told me I need to read these. I guess I will give in and give it a whirl. By the way....poor cougars :( Did Tyson and Joey cry?