Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cuzco

Disclaimer: I am going to post tons of pictures. This is a family journal, and I want to remember this trip. It may be boring to the average reader.
Okay, so after a short rest, our tour guide Ophelia came and got us. First we went to a monastary built on incan ruins.


Our group learning, I love Joey's yawning face.



The whole group sitting on the wall of the monastary. Beautiful Cuzco behind us.


Next we set off for Saxsayhuaman..(sp?...pronounced Saxy woman....yes we told lots of jokes). The workmanship of the incan walls is incredible.



Joey loves to make fun of me for always wearing a hood. I have been known to even wear them inside my house if I am chilly. Also, you can see Justin holding one of the aforementioned "cane chairs".





We went to another sacred place...this rock was special because it is shaped like a puma...or was it a condor...or wait, a snake? (Gotta LOVE my dad's hat)


Okay, so this bridge doesn't look scary in the picture, but there was a very DEEP ravine below. Crisdee was screaming "take the picture!!!"


Next we went to a white statue of Christ that sits above the city. Then we went back to town and ate some food. (I had lomo salteado...Crisdee, remember the adobo?) We also ate some anticuchos (skewers of beef heart) on the street. Yummy. We walked back to the Puma and chitchatted in the lobby. I love sitting around with my parents and talking. It is the best.

1 comment:

AJ said...

It looks like you had a great time. I love seeing all of the fun places you have been and enjoy the pictures.