Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Did You Think I Would Ever Finish?


Okay, I am so proud. I have one more day of my trip to tell about. Our last day I was already getting sad. I LOVE being with my parents...and with Justin and Angelique, and Joey without the kids. The real hero in this story is my sister Ashley (you too Cort). Without the Boice's, this trip wouldn't have been possible. I know how crazy it is with all of those kids at once...Ashley is a tough woman.

We took a taxi downtown, through bad traffic. I guess Justin and Angelique's cab ride was a brush with death, and more exciting than a roller coaster. We boarded a "mirabus" to go all around Lima and see the sights. This picture was cheesy at the time, but I sure do love the result.


We went for the top deck, and got alot of sun that day. Angelique was smart to wear a hat.


A picture of the original 4D, where we would go for all our birthdays to get excellent gellato. I had one while visiting, and it was just as good as I remembered it.


A picture of a hillside, I love all the colors.


Downtown in the colonial part of town.


This is a church we went into. We got to tour the catacombs...which were SUPER creepy, bones as far as the eye can see. Joey used his iphone to take some illegal pictures. I'm sure he will post them, he thought it was awesome.



After the bus tour, we went to lunch with Dad's "boss" Orlando, Armando and the Lambs at a chinese buffet. We went back to the house and rested a bit, then dad made delicious tacos for dinner and we sat around and talked the night away. Justin and Angelique left at night and we left at the crack of dawn...for another horrible itinerary of travel. We got home 22 hours later.
Finally, what my mother has been waiting for....here are a couple of pictures from when I got home. Check out my cute girls in their peruvian sweaters and snow hats.


This is my laundry pile. It was so enormous I took a picture to commemorate it. Notice the inca cola t-shirts, they were a real hit.

No comments: