Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dance the Night Away

Saturday night, after a beautiful day at Macchu Picchu (it poured rain AFTER we got down the mountain) we went to dinner in Cuzco at "The Incan Wall". It was a dinner buffet with a show. I tried some interesting things (cui, and alpaca...both yuck). The first act was a famous Peruvian Pan Flute band. It was awesome and hilarious. I wish I had a better picture. Justin and I made up stories and personalities for each.

The hard worker, the pot smoker, the peruvian Patrick Swayze, the ring leader, and the ladies man. My dad bought the cd...awesome.

Next there were dancers, doing many different typical and famous Peruvian dances. What they lacked in skill they made up for in exuberence. Well, we were about to leave, when I suggested we stay for one more dance....this ended up being a BIG mistake, as the next dance ended up being interactive with the audience. It was a type of salsa dance with a twist. The dancers had a tissue pinned to their behinds. First the girls would shimmy while the guys tried to light their tissue on fire (yes I said on fire) with a candle. Then vice versa. Of course they grabbed Justin and Jared from our group to participate. I thought I was going to die laughing. I was yelling and screaming. Here is Justin trying to "light the fire". That is Jared in yellow.

Justin shaking his booty. Man this boy can really shake it!

Then of course they came for some girls....Angelique used the "pregnancy" card, as they tried to pull her up, which was genius. I wasn't so lucky. It was pure embarassment. Click on these pictures for hilarious facial expressions. Crisdee was using her phone to video it, but promised me it would not show up on You Tube.


Shaking what my mama gave me!


It was crazy....and embarassing, but in our family, once you are in a situation, you make the best of it. We danced our hearts out.
When we left the restaurant something weird happened. Two tiny boys latched onto my legs (trying to sell gum I think) and would not let go. They ended up pulling me completely to the ground. I fell hard on the street. Anyone who knows me knows that I hate to fall. Random I know. Anyway, after such an eventfull day, we were happy to get back to the Puma and crash.

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Cali I am LOVING all of the pictures. It looks like you guys had so much fun. You seriously look SO GREAT in all of these pictures! Made me wish I had gotten my hair cut before I went. I love the dancing pictures- those are hilarious. Typical dance faces.

Anyway, i'm loving it.

Kim said...

I love these pictures! I bet you guys had the best time together.

ashleyboice said...

love the sneaks.

Christensen's said...

That is halarious! You are a good sport to post the pics!

lysh said...

Love love love the dancing pictures!

Allison said...

Oh, man! I am loving reading all about your trip! I'm trying not to pee my pants looking at your dance face....love it! What did they do after they caught your tissue on fire???? Crazy! You look amazing in your pics....totally cute! I love the one of you and Joey in front of a bunch of huge rocks from a few posts back...you look gorgeous and tiny!

Anonymous said...

Dave and I are both crying real tears, laughing at your funny dance experience! I, like Allison, am really wondering what happened after your tissue caught fire! TOO FUNNY!