Friday, February 6, 2009

More Trip Updates

Okay, so I left off dancing the night away....We went back to the Puma for some well needed sleep. I woke up shortly thereafter and began one of the worst nights of my life. I was so sick. I won't go into too much detail, to save my mom embarrassment, but let's just say whatever was in my body decided to exit in the most violent of fashions. I think I lost like 6 pounds that night. Joey said he came in the bathroom at one point and I was on the ground saying "I'm dying". The next morning I started some heavy duty drugs and received a blessing from my Dad, brother, and Joey. I even had oxygen administered...my dad thinks I overdid it the day before (all that booty shaking and climbing of ruins in high altitude)...I think it was good old fashioned food poisoning, not that the altitude helped.

The rest went to church. Luckily, it was Sunday and our only real plans were to relax. I was so happy to have my mom there to sit by me. In the afternoon Joey was able to watch the AZ cardinals play for a chance to go to the Superbowl. I hobbled downstairs for the second half. I wanted to be by him in case they won, and they did! Joey was yelling and running around the lobby, jumping up and down. The hotel staff were laughing at the funny gringo. I even saw a tear roll down his face. It was totally surreal to be in such a foreign place, watching that game.

That night, my dad gave a fireside for the Perpetual Education Fund. I put on a dress and went to check it out with Justin and Angelique. I was still real shaky, but it was worth it. It was so fun to see my parents "do their thing". My dad is an amazing speaker. He had everyone laughing and in a good mood. My mom is sooooo good with the people. We watched her one-on-one answering questions afterward. I was impressed with her spanish and her ability to give these people the answers they needed.

The next day it was back up early to catch a plane to Lima. We did sell one cane/chair to the owner of the tour company...I think he felt sorry for us. We kept saying "if we don't sell the chairs, we don't eat!"


Once back to Lima we had a very fun day of hanging out. We went to the "Jockey Club", an awesome mall (I repeat...a very different Peru than the one I knew). We watched 2 movies back-to-back...how deccadent! Then we went to Chilis. It was fun to have some american food. Overall, a great day.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I was wondering when you were going to say if you sold any chairs or not.

And I love LOVE it when dad's in a "double feature" mood. He would never do such a thing when we were younger so it always seems like a treat.

gramyflys said...

Cali, your food poisoning sounds just horrendous! I am so sorry you got that. I wonder what you ate that no one else ate. What a nightmare for you. You are a real trooper...

gramyflys said...

Wow, Cali..I just saw Isaac singing his "Faith Is" song on Lin's blog. That is awesome! He is a great singer and songwriter!!